January 25, 2014
Some additional areas of focus for this workshop are:
- Participants will gain invaluable insight information on how an individual with Autism/PDD feels and the different aspects of their development.
- Learning and differentiating Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)
- Discussing the characteristics and the impact of the diagnosis
- Learning to turn deficits into strengths for our children
- Develop a child centered approach to training children with Autism
- The impact that Autism/PDD has on the family as a whole
- Opportunity to listen and interact with an individual with Autism.
The diagnosis of Autism/PDD is a devastating one, primarily because of the impact it has on the individual being diagnosed, and the impact that the disability has on the family as a whole. The key to helping a child with Autism is a unified approach toward the syndrome; an approach that focuses on the family as a whole unit. The ultimate goal should be to help our children live independent, productive lives.