renda Batts is the mother of Alex, an 23 year old young man with Autism, and a neurotypical son Douglas Junior (JR), age 25. Brenda has over 25 years of experience working with special needs children. Her resume includes the intervention of thousands of special needs children across many school districts around the United States. Internationally, she sponsored Autism related charter schools in Rome, Italy and Paris, France.
Brenda Batts’ experience in the field of Special Education and training has resulted in significant success working with various types of disabilities, including Autism, Down Syndrome, Cognitive disabilities, Aspergers, Global Developmental Delays, and ADHD children to name a few. Among her many talents, she also speaks French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese, which allows her to personally spread the success of her programs to many different international cultures in their local languages.
Brenda is founder and Co-Owner of FOCUS SPED, LLC, along Co-founder/Co-Owner, Douglas R. Batts, Sr.
“Every child with special needs can learn if given the proper opportunity to do so.” The key to the success of our programs is based on the individualized nature of the training that is based on each child’s unique learning differences. We conduct an in-home and classroom assessment of each child’s, and create an individualized program that contains a battery of strategies and therapeutic approaches that are designed to address that child’s unique needs.”
FOCUS Designs and delivers highly specialized training that is customized to benefit the unique needs of our clients. We also conduct Behavior Management and our very popular “Ready, Set, Potty Training” Workshops. Both our Behavior Management and “Ready, Set, Potty Workshops” are personally conducted by Brenda where she shares some popular techniques that have proven beneficial to thousands of children and young adults with special needs. The workshops and individualized training programs employ several techniques, and a highly structured environment that are designed to help identify and improve each child’s specific situation.
Travel and the study of various foreign cultures and languages.
- M.Ed, Exceptional Student Education from North Central University, 2008.
- BS Degree in Special Education from the University of Texas at Dallas, with honors (Magna Cum Laude) in 1985.
- Her resume also includes the accolades of thousands of parents and teachers of her special needs clients spanning some 25 years.
- Owner and Director of Focus on the Future Training Center, a private school for students with Autism, and related developmental disorders.
- Create individualized program to meet our students’ challenges.
- Placed our school as one of the top schools in the nation for educating students with developmental disabilities.
- National/international speaker – Present successful one-on-many workshops to parents and teachers of children with special needs for different school districts, as well as on a national and international level.
- Published Author
“Ready, Set, Potty!” Potty Training Skills for Children with Autism, and other Developmental Disorders. (2010)