March 29, 2014
Some areas of focus for this workshop:
- Learn the important role that the senses play in our development
- Learn to recognize your child’s unique sensory issues, and to help him/her acquire skills to participate in his/her environment.
- Learn what tools you need to develop a sensory diet for your child
- Participants will be able to see and experience different tools and gadgets to help our children learn to accommodate to their sensory issues.
- Learn to set up individual sensory areas.
Our senses affect the way we see and interact with the world. Through our senses we learn to participate and become one with our environment. This skill is a difficult skill for children who have been diagnosed with Sensory Integration Disorder, Autism, PDD, and related developmental disorders. Learning how to deal with what our senses receive every minute of the day gives us the freedom to participate more fully in our environment and opens up windows of learning in a comfortable and non-threatening way.